Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Mood

Recently, due to a bout with my vision, I tried to draw everything that came to mind. I really didn't care if it looked good or came out horribly or feared that i would ruin a piece that was going fairly well, I just drew.
This piece I did because I found mystery gold ink in my art supply bin. It was fun actually. the gold would settle which left this flat sewage color but I'd just have to stop and shake it every so often. Gold in my mind is accompanied by silver in my mind (thanks 70s claymation/puppet Christmas movies) so I did shades of gray. Again, I drew anything that came to mind.
My friend told me it looked like a christmas card meant to depress. Maybe an insite into how I was feeling about my then failing vision?

30-45 minutes.
I used gold ink, black ink, microns, different nibs, sable brushes.. anything.

1 comment:

miss liss said...

so i think it's safe to say you know i'm loving the swirls and the little flower. i like the guys face too. he looks very snowy =)